Closing an account
We are sorry to hear that you want to close your account with us; in order to do so, please follow these steps:
- Pause, block and delete all the cards in the App.
- Close your savings accounts and term deposits if you have any.
- Close your overdraft if you have one.
- Repay your credit card or loan if you have one.
- Make sure that all your membership fees have been paid, also the last one.
- Contact us via chat in the app to let us know you want to close your account and provide us with your external IBAN number and the recipient's name, so we can start the closing process.
If you are unable to log in please reach out to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will require the following information from you:
- Colour copy of both sides of your ID or passport.
- Copy of utility bill on your name (phone, energy, gas, rent, TV, internet, etc), with a residence address visible.
- List of all accounts IBAN that need to be closed.
- If there are any assets on the accounts to be closed, please provide an external account number where you are the beneficiary and where we can transfer the funds.
- After receiving the above-mentioned documents you will be invited for a video call in which we can verify your data and confirm the account closure.
Account closing process may take up to 44 days. Once you have indicated that you would like to close your account, you will still have full access to the account during the notice period lasting 30 days. Once this period is over, the account is blocked for 14 days - this is the reconciliation period to make sure all transactions are settled - before for the final closure.
Note: Once the bank account is closed, we are unable to create a new account for a former customer.